About compliance with laws and ordinances
In order to maintain personal information protection, the Company will comply with laws related to the protection of Personal information, individual ministerial ordinances, guidelines, the GDPR, and other related laws and ordinances.
About the acquisition of Personal Information
When Personal Information is obtained, the Company will publicly announce or give notification of the purposes of use of that information, and it will use lawful and fair means to obtain the information within the scope necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes of use. There are also cases in which the Company will obtain Personal Information from a service provider or a joint user and cases in which it will obtain Personal Information in association with the succession of business due to a merger or other reason.
Safety management measures for Personal Information
The Company will take appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures in order to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information or the loss, destruction, manipulation, and leaks of Personal Information and for the safe management of Personal Information. Specifically, the Company will establish a management system for the purpose of personal information protection in accordance with the actual work situation and appropriately and carefully conduct processing of the Personal Information in accordance with internal regulations and organizational safety management measures. In addition, the Company will strive to educate and raise awareness among board members and employees who process Personal Information about the purpose of personal information protection, and will appropriately implement human measures for safe management of the Personal Information.
Personal Information that will be obtained
The items below are examples of Personal Information that the Company will obtain.
- Company name and position
- Postal code, address, telephone number, and fax number
- Email address
- Other information that is necessary for the provision of various services
Purposes of use of Personal Information
The Company will use the obtained Personal Information based on the Customer's agreement for the purposes below. If the Company intends to use Personal Information for a purpose that is not stipulated below, it will do so after obtaining the Customer's agreement in advance.
- For the purposes of use for which the Customer's agreement has been obtained
- For the personal authentication necessary in association with the provision of various services that the Company or a third party, such as a partner of the Company, is providing, the processing of applications and cancellations, operations that include supportive processing for the Customer that incidental to services, charging of fees, credit management, and notification of changes of fees or changes, addition, or abolition of services provided by the Company
- For providing the Customer with information related to the various services that the Company or a third party, such as a partner of the Company, provides, irrespective of the method, such as telephone, documents sent by postal mail, fax, or email
- For any work consignee that is obliged to maintain confidentiality to the Company, for the purpose of the consignee to provide smooth provision of various services
- For hiring activities, such as selection, contact, and decisions about wages
- For appropriate employment management after hiring
- For work-related contact and information exchanges, management of attendance, payment of salary, proper placement of personnel, personnel evaluations, education and training, labor management for benefits, safety and health, creation of employee ID cards, and the performance of other obligations stipulated in laws and ordinances related to labor, laws and ordinances related to customs, and laws and ordinances related to social welfare
- For acceptance, performance, and management of the various procedures stipulated in the internal regulations
- For contacting or conducting the provision to a health insurance association, employees' pension fund, or a social insurance office
Provision of Personal Information to third parties
In addition to cases that use the methods stated in (1) through (3) below, the Company may also obtain the Customer's agreement and transfer Personal Information abroad. In cases in which Personal Information will be transferred abroad based on the Customer's agreement, the Company will provide to the Customer, in advance, information on the systems related to the protection of Personal Information in the relevant foreign country, measures for the protection of Personal Information that the relevant third party will implement, and other information that should serve as a reference for the Customer.
The Company shall transfer Personal Information abroad only in the cases below:
- When a transfer will be made to a country that the European Commission has authorized as having an appropriate protection level for personal data (a country for which adequacy has been authorized)
- When a transfer will be made to a party (a personal information recipient outside the EEA) that has concluded a Data Transfer (or Processing) Agreement with the Company that includes the Standard Contractual Clauses stipulated by the European Commission (a personal information preservation measure implementation by imposing on a party outside the EEA the obligation of personal information protection at the same level as within the EEA)
- When a transfer will be made based on an exception on prohibition of transfer outside the region (as stipulated in Article 49.1 of the GDPR)
On the conditions of securing the safety of Personal Information and complying with related laws and ordinances, the Company may jointly use the Customer's Personal Information as stated below.
- Scope of joint user: Toyota Tsusho Corporation
- Items of personal data that will be jointly used: the Customer's name, email address, and other data
- Joint user's purposes of use: the purposes stated in Section 5 above
- Responsible manager and address: (Responsible manager) The Company
(Address) 2-3-13 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo
(Representative) Yasuhiro Kakihara
The Company will store Personal Information only for the period that is rationally necessary in order to accomplish the purposes of collection, including reasons related to a law or ordinance, tax affairs, or accounting.
In a case in which a complaint has been made by the Customer, or the Company judges that there is a possibility of litigation, the Company may store the relevant Customer's Personal Information for a longer period.
For making decisions about the appropriate storage period for Personal Information, the Company will consider the Personal Information's quantity, nature, confidentiality, potential risks of harm caused by unauthorized use or disclosure, processing purposes, and the possibility of accomplishing the relevant purposes by alternative means, as well as tax matters, accounting, or other requirements that might apply.
In specific circumstances, the Customer will have the rights stated below for the Customer's own Personal Information.
- The right to access the Customer's Personal Information that the Company possesses or is processing
- The right to restrict or refuse the Company's possession or processing of the Customer's Personal Information
- The right to freely withdraw from the agreement that the Customer gave for possession or processing of the Customer's Personal Information
- The right to investigate, access, or duplicate the Customer's Personal information that the Company is processing
- The right to request transfer of the Customer's Personal Information to a personal information processor designated by the Customer (please note that fulfillment of suitable legal requirements is necessary.)
- The right for the Customer to request revision or addition of the Customer's Personal Information where Personal Information related to the Customer that the Company possesses or is processing is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request deletion of the Customer's Personal Information
- The right to not be subject to automated decision-making (in cases in which the requirements for exemption from application that are stipulated by the GDPR are fulfilled, this will not apply.)
The Customer also has the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authorities in relation to personal information protection in the relevant jurisdiction, but the Company would appreciate it if you would please contact the Company first and give us the opportunity to handle your concerns before you file a complaint with the supervisory authorities.
In a case in which, in relation to personal information that the Company possesses, we receive a request from the Customer about the aforementioned rights, such as a request for Personal Information disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, elimination, or cessation of provision to third parties, we will confirm that the person who made the request is the person to whom that information relates (or that person's representative) and then earnestly handle the matter. Provided, however, that in a case in which there is a possibility of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or profits of the relevant person or a third party. In cases, where there is a possibility of causing significant hindrance to proper implementation of work at the Company, or where a law or ordinance will be violated, it may be impossible to disclose all or any portion of the information.
The Company may request the provision of specific information for the purposes of confirming the Customer's identity and guaranteeing the Customer's aforementioned exercise of rights. Please understand that this is a measure for preventing accidental disclosure of Personal Information to a third party that does not have the aforementioned rights.
When the Customer exercises the aforementioned rights, fundamentally it will not be necessary for the Customer to bear the expenses for exercising those rights. Provided, however, that in a case in which the content of the Customer's request clearly has insufficient grounds, or is repetitive or excessive, the Company may ask the Customer to bear reasonable expenses or the Company may refuse to handle an unreasonable request.
Measures for accidental leaks
In a case in which an accident involving a leak of Personal Information occurs, the Company will conduct an investigation of the facts and the cause, measures to prevent secondary damage, and measures to prevent a recurrence and will appropriately handle the matter.
Contact information and consultation
If you have an opinion, request, complaint, or other thoughts about the Company's processing of Personal Information, please contact us by post or inquiry form to the consultation office below.
Contact and Consultation in Japan
NEXTY Electronics Corporation
Shinagawa Front Building, 2-3-13 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8510
Contact and Consultation in North America Region
TOYOTA TSUSHO NEXTY ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC.
34505 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 200, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Contact and Consultation in Europe Region
TOYOTA TSUSHO NEXTY ELECTRONICS EUROPE GmbH
Lindberghstr. 3, 80939 Munich, Germany
Contact and Consultation in East Asia Region
TOYOTA TSUSHO NEXTY ELECTRONICS HONG KONG CO., LIMITED
Room 2702, Block 1, 27/F, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong
Contact and Consultation in Southeast Asia and India Region
TOYOTA TSUSHO NEXTY ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
600 North Bridge Road, No.16-03 Parkview Square, Singapore 188778
Cookies are used on this website. Cookies are small files that are sent from a website to the user's browser, and they are now generally used on many websites. Using cookies makes it possible for this website to refer to which pages on the site a user visited in the past and to display more appropriate content and provide more appropriate service for a user who visits again. Provided that there are no special statements on the website, Personal Information will not be obtained by cookies. If the user does not want the collection of information related to the browser, it is also possible to disable cookies' by adjusting the settings for the Internet browsing software (the browser).